Thursday, December 9, 2010

So, This Is What My Blog Looks Like

I wish I had about four hours in the day to myself in which I could blog, tweet, clean, nap, and do anything I wish I had time to do. Alas, that is a pipe dream and somehow 24 hours in one day will have so suffice to try to be super woman. It is okay because I do need to sleep. I like to sleep. Before having kids, I was such a light sleeper. Now, I apparently sleep through thunderstorms and really loud wind. I always wake up when I hear the kids crying. Well, that is not actually truthful. Maybe twice in four years, hubby had to nudge me.
I really have wanted to write, but with a freelance gig with a commute, some at home PR clients, being a wife and a mom, somehow I did not get around to it. Pathetic, I know, but truthful.
I have been loving my new career. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons. Change is scary and to bite the bullet and take a buy out at a time when hubby was unemployed was insane. But I saw work going in a completely different direction than where I was headed. Leave it to the young 20-somethings with attitudes galore do the work. Let them work 20 hour days, get no sleep and be miserable to everyone around them. Let the mean girls be miserable together. I was ever so happy to move on. And it is funny how people get jealous of how well your life goes. If you want to wallow in your misery and jealousy, I say go for it. It is a waste of time, energy and karma.
It has been awesome to see my kids, to cook, to sit down for a few minutes here and there and just not do a thing. Just relish in the hugs I get from the kids and take in those fleeting moments, so in 10 years when I am not cool enough for them, I will have those kind memories.
So, I know this has been a little all over the place, but that is my life, still, go go go, but not to the tune of the train schedule and the calls that something fell apart at work, after it had planned out for so long. Four poopy diapers in one day in under 5 hours is way better than a terrible day in corporate America. I love that I can balance that and getting a client an interview with the LA Times at the same time. So, super woman I may not be, but I think I am a pretty good wonder woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment