Friday, January 29, 2010

Chicken Lisa

Back in the 1970s and 1980s, my Uncle had an Italian restaurant and that is where my dad learned how to cook. A woman my Uncle knew did his menu and she didn't want money, so he named a dish after her. And he created "chicken Lisa." It is chicken breast stuffed with shrimp, mozzarella, spices, wrapped in bacon and cooked in a mushroom, wine and cream sauce topped with fresh garlic and sliced almonds. It was over the top and decadent, but then it was the 70s. My parents had it on their menu when they had their own Italian restaurant in 1980. Now, I know that there are many recipes out there and the same recipes are bound to be fairly identical when it comes to preparation, but after one of my parents' employees went to work at another local Italian restaurant, he took the chicken Lisa recipe with him. Of course this Poughkeepsie, NY establishment named the dish something else, but we all know they stole Uncle Tony's recipe, as it is identical. Coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. What about Chicken N and Flounder M? (Names have been abbreviated to protect the innocent.)

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I will link to you shortly, guaranteeing you two more hits a month.

    xoxoxo Twin C aka the old hubby

    ReplyDelete