Saturday, January 30, 2010

lemons

The lemons in Italy are sweet, not bitter and you can eat a whole lemon and it is the best snack ever. I wish we could get them here. I remember them being as big as baseballs. Such a treat. I am a fan of lemonade. In fact, when we go to the Dutchess County Fair in Rhinebeck, NY, I love getting a lemonade. I have been known to get a few of them, at different stands along the long food path. And of course, we have to make a stop at the 4H booth and get a milkshake. So delish and I am always torn between vanilla or strawberry. Hubby gets chocolate. Maybe one day, I will just go for it and get one of each. So, if you ever find yourself in Italy, please eat a lemon. I promise you, it will be a sweet treat. And I guess, "when life hands you lemons..." has an entirely different meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment