Friday, January 22, 2010

You either like to bake or cook...

I am a firm believer in that. I love to EAT baked goods, but do not like to bake because in baking you must be precise. You must follow directions. I do not like to read directions. Ask my family. Ask my hubby. I love to cook because you can throw in a little of this, a little of that and somehow it all works! Well, that is, if you have a confidence to take that approach. I love to open the fridge and throw stuff together. Not only is it fun, but economical. Use what you have. This is what I threw together a few months ago when my sister came over. It was delish. Heat up some olive oil. Add onions and brown. Then add garlic and brown. If you want to add some vino or tomato sauce or paste to add flavor and color, now is the time. Add broccoli, can of beans and radicchio. Season with your fave dry spices. I love a little cumin thrown in. Saute and I added a little chicken stock, if you want a little broth. Serve over pasta of your choice. Drizzle with olive oil and grated parmigian cheese. So, I dare you. Look in the cupboards, the fridge and create something. Let me know what you come up with.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I, on the other hand, bake. I don't cook. I enjoy the process of baking and swear that my Kitchen Aid was one of the best investments I ever made. Other than that, the only thing I make are reservations. :)

    ReplyDelete