Friday, January 22, 2010

lunch today

Nobu is one of those restaurant experiences that stays with you. Food that is fresh and well prepared can make or break a dining experience. Whether you spend 15 a head or 100 plus, you should walk out feeling satisfied on a few levels, including a full belly and knowing that every penny was worth it. When I walk out with that "I was robbed feeling" it is so disappointing. I know many are not sushi fans. I never was until the mid-90s, after moving to NYC. The best tuna hand rolls and toro sashimi can be found at Nobu, in my opinion. My toddler son loves avocado rolls and we are hoping he branches out. He loves duck, filet mignon, shrimp and meat from Fleischers (butcher shop in Kingston, NY). He is, knock on wood, a great eater. And the kid knows good food from bad. For me, it has been a journey since branching out from a California rolls. So, grab your chop sticks, pour some soy sauce and dig in! And by the way, I have a confession to make. For some reason, I cannot master the chopstick thing. Maybe one day.

1 comment:

  1. Food is a pleasure. Food is a comfort. While I am not anywhere near a food expert, I tend to be a bit of a food snob, and for the exact reasons you have mentioned. In my blog, I have an entry titled "quality vs. quantity" and it was a soapbox rant on food. I have very few vices in life. I don't wear jewelry, I might have a shoe fettish if I could find shoes that fit with any regularity (Jimmy Choo doesn't make a size 3.5W), but I like a good car and good, high quality food. And I will pay good money for it. And good high quality sushi is right at the top of the list. When I was in Tokyo, Japan, I had sushi and thought I was the coolest person on the face of the earth. Was it the best sushi I ever had? Not sure. Being in Japan may have had a psychosematic effect on my taste buds, but who cares?? :)

    ReplyDelete