Monday, January 25, 2010

Slow Cookers

My slow cooker left its perch on top of the kitchen cabinet and found itself on the kitchen counter this past weekend. I found myself with two packages of chicken thighs, so it was only natural that I whip something up. My one mistake with slow cookers is that I get liquid happy. I add liquid. Just a little, but you all know that in slow cooking a little is really a lot when all is said and done. This goes back to my not liking to read directions blog entry. I resisted and did not add any liquid at all! So, 2 packages of chicken thighs (skin off, bone in), bbq sauce, a touch of honey mustard, a touch of that really spicy hot sauce my sister got us, ground cumin, ancho chipotle powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Sorry, I do not measure, just eyeball. It goes back to having that confidence, so if you don’t, just take a chance. Added 3 cloves of garlic and half a small onion. They just dissolved in the cooking process. I thought my 3 year old would never eat it. I thought, it would be too spicy, but it wasn’t and he and hubby loved it. Steamed some plain white rice and voila, an easy Sunday night dinner. And Sandra Lee told me a great tip for slow cookers. Fold about 6 paper towels under the lid to absorb the moisture and after trying it myself, it is indeed a great tip. Okay, so go dust off those slow cookers and let me know what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment