Sunday, January 24, 2010

When Life Hands You Bananas...

My mom says she ate a lot of bananas when she was pregnant with me. I only eat bananas that do not have any brown spots on them. I know it means the banana is sweeter, but I cannot stomach the taste. My hubby, on the other hand, says the more brown spots, the better, so it works out well. If he doesn't want the brown spotted bananas, they are banished to the freezer for baking. Until last week, when sans recipe, I whipped up an easy, super tasty bananas foster! Slice bananas lengthwise and place in baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray and has some butter chunks. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg and bake. It was a HIT with my 3 year old and hubby. Some when life hands you bananas, give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment