Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eggs

Two weekends ago, hubby was sleeping in (and I was up with the kids) and I made myself fried eggs. Not too much olive oil and just enough of a runny yolk in my fave "green" omelet pan. A little salt and my fave buttered white bread from the health food store. Took me back to being a kid and when my dad and grandfathers would go hunting in Ellenville, NY and we would all roll out bed super early. The ladies would hang out at our friends' home for the day and the men would go hunting. Their house was like a museum. Ornate, over the top Italian furniture and tchotchokes. I was always fascinated going there. So much to explore. It is also maybe why I am not a fan of having a lot of things out that require dusting. Francesca would make the best fried eggs, so getting out of bed was worth it. My hubby likes egg whites. Yuck. He does make a mean omelet though. I have been able to make these eggs twice since two weekends ago and it is such an enjoyable breakfast. Every bite is savored. Funny how such a simple thing can make you so happy. So, try to do something nostalgic today. Hope it makes you do a happy dance (or something like that). . And by the way, Francesca made a mean homemade pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment