Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Pot Runneth Over...

Didn't post yesterday, as planned. Worked from home because of the snow. Not an easy task. Worked like a madwoman. In between bottles and diaper changes, I was an email maniac. What did we do before email? I know it takes away from the whole personal contact, but talk about how much more efficient it makes you. Or at least me. I was stressed not knowing who or what to give my attention to first. My hubby is a saint for putting up with me and often incredulous of some of the things I have to deal with at work. In all of the craziness, I had a meltdown and to hear my 3 year old ask what was wrong (no hiding the tears) was the Cher slapping Nick Cage in MOONSTRUCK that I needed...SNAP OUT OF IT. Reality check. At the end of the day, the stress isn't worth it. It is easy to lose sight of what is important. It is hard to shake the feeling away, but on we press to find balance in work and family and play. And at the end of the day, I know I do it for my family. So, forward we march and we sometimes stumble, but keep need to keep our eyes on the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment