Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time Out

Forgive me for not blogging as much this week, but I had to give myself a time out. Work for a week and a half straight was non stop. It all paid off with three amazing segments. Yes, I am tooting my own horn, but I deserve it. And then one day I worked 6 hrs straight on something that was offed. A flurry of non stop calls and e-mails. UGH. And kids and work and commute and hubby and it was all too much. I gave myself a time out. Time to decompress and time to realize that I cannot do it all, sometimes. And that is okay. At least, I am learning to be okay with that. I always like things in order, precise, perfect, set up to the tee and I am a fan of being in control. And now that the living room is mostly a playroom and looks like a landmine, even tho you clean it up constantly, I am learning to let some of that perfectness go. It was a battle, but I am surrendering. When things get to be too much, it is easy to lose of focus of what is important. And for me it is my children and hubby and I had to refocus on them and realize thru the craziness of it all, I will get it done and come out on top. It takes a lot to believe in yourself sometimes. You just have to find it within yourself to do so. Two family friends passed away this week and that also made me realize that life is precious and the things that set us off in a tizzy are trivial at the end of the day. So, here is to just getting it done and coming out the other side a better person and knowing that as I hit post, the weekend is five days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment