Monday, February 8, 2010

Wing It

Yesterday was one of those days where I was on on call for work and spend a major part of the weekend praying they do not call me in. The usual plan is to chill at home and by chill I mean spend time with the kids and hubby and get as much household chores done in a day. It was around 930 am and I was just getting done with a shower and like always called down to hubby to make sure everything is fine. He said yes, but then I hear him open the front door. I hear him talking, but no one is talking back. It turned out that our neighbor handed him a note asking for him to bring her to the ER. She has a history of aneurysm, so he put on a coat and grabbed his wallet and cell and off he went. Gotta love that fleece bottoms allow one to get out the door really fast! The kids and I were daddy-less for a few hours, but we had fun playing, reading and I managed to make pizza for lunch and got it done just as Dave texted he was on his way. Talk about good timing! And for dinner, I whipped up some meatball parm sandwiches and sans recipe, grilled some wings in the oven. And I am up for mom of the year....who else has the patience to take meat off of chicken wings for their son! He had like 8! This was my on the fly recipe: 20 wings with 1/3 cup of bbq sauce that had a little honey mustard thrown into it. Ground cumin, ancho chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder. It marinated for about 6 hrs. Cooked for a total of 1 hour at 350. Very tasty and not bad for literally winging it. I could have gone heavier on the seasonings, but it was fun to just play around with a recipe. Looks like our neighbor had a reaction to the new medication, but further testing will be done. Hubby is a super hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment